- Collagen production is stimulated, which helps to rejuvenate the skin.
- Tightens and re-volumizes wrinkled skin.
- Fine lines and wrinkles are reduced in appearance.
PDO Mono Thread Benefits:
About PDO Mono Threads
Mono threads are inserted in a mesh-like pattern into the subdermal layer to encourage the formation of new collagen. The threads stimulate collagen production, resulting in a gradual thickening, tightening, and rejuvenation effect that lasts 6 to 12 months. This minimally invasive procedure produces natural-looking results while reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
PDO Mono Thread Treatment Areas
- Upper and lower cheeks
- Forehead and brows
- Neck and jawline
- Nose to mouth lines
- Marionette lines
- Fine lines around eyes
Before and After
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I expect when I get a PDO Mono Thread Treatment?
- Your doctor will apply a topical anesthetic numbing cream at least 30 minutes before the procedure to make sure you don’t feel any pain.
- The treatment will take about 30 minutes, depending on the number of threads used and the size of the treatment area.
- Bruising, swelling, and small lumps are common side effects of the treatment. In about two weeks, this should be gone.
Am I a candidate?
Your practitioner will discuss this with you during your consultation, but if you want better skin quality, skin tightening, and firmness in those difficult-to-treat areas, such as the neck, chest, jawline, upper lip lines, and stubborn static lines, the chances are yes. However, we will discuss the suitability of the treatment during your consultation.
What happened during the Mono Thread Treatment?
- Prior to your treatment, a numbing anesthetic cream is applied for 60 minutes.
- A small needle is pre-threaded with MINT mono thread.
- The introducer needle is inserted into the skin’s dermal layer.
- The needle is removed from the dermis, leaving a fine hair-like thread.
- The threads stimulate collagen production, which tightens and rejuvenates the skin over time.
- This action gives the skin a tighter feel and appearance, as well as a more youthful appearance.
- A single area is typically treated with 10-30 threads.
How many threads I will need?
The number of PDO threads required is determined by the treatment areas and the amount of improvement desired.
How long Matrix Mono Thread last how long?
The threads remain in place for up to six months after the needle is removed before gradually dissolving. They last about 3 months before dissolving, but the collagen stimulation can last up to 12 months. Due to the stimulation of collagen and elastin, the skin’s condition gets better.
The use of a topical numbing cream reduces discomfort during treatment. Bruising is common after this treatment, but swelling is minimal. Following treatment, some tenderness at the injection site is to be expected.
When will I see results?
In 6 weeks, you’ll notice results, which will improve over the next 6 months as new collagen is produced. The PDO threads will gradually dissolve, but you will see results for up to a year.
Why choose Dermedica to do Mono thread treatment in Perth?
Dermedica under the care of Dr Teh, is always at the fore front of non surgical treatment and technique. With Dr Teh’s over 20 years experience in cosmetic medicine and her genuine care for her patients, we will guarantee to give you the best experience and result possible.