Also known as: Fractional radio frequency skin resurfacing, ablative resurfacing, fraxel alternative, clear and brilliant alternative, co2 laser alternative, erbium laser resurfacing alternative.
Treatment for acne scars, acne scarring, scars, sun damaged skin, pigmentation (melasma or chloasma), wrinkles, improving skin texture, skin rejuvenation, skin tightening, lines around and under eyes/ neck/ chest/ décolletage, arms and hands.
What is Laser Skin Resurfacing?
Laser Skin Resurfacing is a non-surgical laser treatment that revitalizes the skin and helps reverse the aging process. This treatment uses a fractional erbium resurfacing laser energy that is gentle and non ablative for a comprehensive skin treatment.
It is a great option for those who want the results of aggressive ablative lasers without the side effects or lengthy downtime. If you suffer from stretchmarks, fine lines & wrinkles, pigmentation, spider veins,rosacea, acne scars, and other signs of aging, then you may be the perfect candidate for our DermaGlow Laser treatments.
What does the 1540 fractional laser treat?
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sun damage
- Skin tone and texture
- Acne scars
- Stretch Marks (striae)
- Surgical scars
- Age spots
- Brown spots and other undesired pigmentation
- Melasma (dark-patterned facial pigmentation)
- Overall skin quality improvement
Are Laser skin resurfacing treatments good for scarring?
- Using a more intense mode, we can use this 1540nm fractional laser system to effectively treat scar reduction.
- Developed by the world leaders in fractional laser technology for scar treatment, the technology boasts minimal downtime and can be used on most skin types.
- The procedure involves the use of fractional laser light, which breaks down scar tissue and triggers the production of new tissue.
- Fractional laser scar treatment is the suitable and effective alternative to surgery for acne scars and surgical scars. It also boasts remarkable results on any skin type, including very light and very dark skin.
Why we love Laser resurfacing treatment!
- Laser Skin Resurfacing treatment can dramatically improve the way your skin looks and feels.
- The appearance of sunspots, age spots, spider veins, rosacea and capillaries can be visibly reduced.
- Specialised laser which offers the scope to work on all skin types, including very light and very dark skin.
- Treatments are non-surgical, and there is little to no downtime involved.
- The laser itself is non-ablative, it targets the deeper dermis and does not remove the upper layer of the skin. Fractional lasers treat with precision, so the skin around the treated area remains intact.
What Can I Expect During Treatments?
- Laser Skin Resurfacing laser sessions take between 20 – 45 minutes depending on treatment area.
- At your initial consultation, Dr Teh will devise a custom treatment plan just for you.
- During the procedure, you may receive treatment with the 1540 fractional laser, IPL or both (to induce collagen and elastin production). This will depend on the skin concerns you are looking to address.
- After completion you can expect some minor redness and/or swelling. The redness and swelling will subside quickly.
- For a lighter treatment, you may return to normal activities within a few hours.
- If you a deeper resurfacing treatment,you can return to your normal activities within the next 3 to 5 days.
- Using prescribed after care is recommended for optimal results.