This is a friendly reminder from Dr Teh to prepare your skin before your treatment. Please read the following information thoroughly. We want to ensure you are fully prepared for your treatment at Dermedica. Looking forward to seeing you soon!
5 days before your treatment
- START taking ARNICA 2-3 times a day. It comes as a tablet or spray from the chemist or health food store.
- START eating pineapple or kiwi fruit. Fresh pineapple and kiwi fruit contains particular enzymes which may aid in minimizing & quicken the healing process of any bruising.
- STOP taking any supplements containing:
- Fish Oil/Omegas
- Vitamin E
- Anti Oxidants (e.g. green tea )
- Evening Primrose Oil
- St John’s Wort
- Gingko Biloba
- Garlic or Echinacea
- STOP taking anti-inflammatories (Nurofen, Voltaren, Aspirin etc) if it is not detrimental to your health.
- CONSIDER Buying the numbing cream, LMX at least 5 to 7 days before your treatment to make the treatment more comfortable. If you have not bought the numbing cream, LMX yet here is the link below:
For filler treatment and PRP: buy 1 tube $25
For skin needling: buy 2 tubes $40
On the day of your appointment
- 1 hour before your appointment – Apply anaesthetic cream LMX.
- Apply LMX THICKLY (at least 2mm thick) over the treated area like icing a cake. Arrive at the clinic with the LMX on your skin.
- Make sure you are well hydrated on the your treatment,
at least 1-2 litres of water for the day is recommended.
If you have any questions with regards to the above preparations, please do not hesitate to contact us or respond back to the email we’ve sent you.