IN THE FIRST 12 HOURS FOLLOWING YOUR PEEL TREATMENT:
- Do not wash or wet your face.
- Do not participate in vigorous exercise that can cause perspiration.
- Do not swim or sun bake.
IN THE FIVE TO SEVEN DAYS FOLLOWING YOUR PEEL TREATMENT:
- Always use sunscreen.
- Do not exfoliate for five days following peel treatment.
- Do not use products that contain Salicylic Acid (BHA) or Glycolic Acid (AHA) or other active skin products such as Retin A for five to seven days after peel.
- Do not pick or pull at any loosening or exfoliating skin. This could damage or cause pigmentation problems to your skin.
- A Soothing Gel, containing Aloe Vera and/or Chamomile may help to calm any irritation you might experience.
- All individuals respond differently to peel treatments, however, these guidelines should apply to most patients.
If you have any problems or queries, please do not hesitate to contact Dermedica on 9205 1995.
Peeling, if it occurs, usually begins around the mouth area and will be complete in five to seven days.
Moisturise flaking or peeling skin continually, as required.
Dr. Joanna Teh