Every bride dreams of a youthful, glowing complexion at their wedding. This can be achieved by investing in a good pre-wedding skin care regimen.
A combination of great skin care products, careful diet and some help from a specialist will deliver the best results. Take a look at Dermedica’s skin care tips for brides:
Secrets to beautiful wedding skin
Many Perth brides opt for the helping hand of a minor cosmetic procedure as part of their pre-wedding skin care.
You may be surprised to find out just how common this is, and how easy and affordable treatment prior to your wedding can be.
Take a look at some common skin treatments brides come to Dermedica for:
Frown lines can make you look worried or angry (even when you are not). In as little as 30 minutes, this treatment can relax the muscles in your face that cause wrinkles and give you a more youthful, fresh appearance for your wedding photographs.
Dermal fillers are a cost-effective way to instantly reduce fine lines and wrinkles. These are applied under the skin to fill out wrinkles and reduce sagging skin ahead of your big event.
Think of dermal fillers as ‘physical makeup’, which will make you feel instantly more beautiful and which will last for months after your wedding.
Lip fillers are a great solution for a beautiful smile on your wedding day. With a quick recovery time, this treatment can be personalised to plump up thin lips or minimise fine lines around the mouth.
Beautiful lips add instant glamour to your look. At Dermedica, we deliver incredibly natural-looking results.
Chemical Peels or advanced microdermabrasion alternative
Many brides book in for a chemical peel or Dermedica microdermabrasion alternative (Vibro Derm) a few weeks ahead of their wedding. This can be an effective way to restore and renew your complexion, giving you the glowing skin you have been dreaming of. A treatment plan of this type is also an excellent way for most brides to start an anti ageing skin care routine that will last for life.
There are different types of skin treatments to help revitalise skin, soften fine lines, repair sun damage, remove pigment spots/blemishes and soften acne scarring. At Dermedica, we customise bespoke bridal skin treatments according to your skin concerns, your tolerance to the degree of downtime and your budget.
Dr Teh and the team at Dermedica can tailor a personalised acne treatment plan to minimise your scarring. This can leave you feeling more confident and self-assured as you walk down the aisle.
Improve your complexion through good nutrition
The visible benefits from a skin care diet will not show for at least six weeks but you should start thinking about your diet and skincare as far in advance from your wedding as possible – even up to six months before your big day. Dietary skin care tips for brides include:
- Eat a rainbow of fresh fruits and vegetables to protect your skin from cellular damage.
- Add plenty of vitamin C to your diet support your immunity, heal blemishes and produce collagen for radiant looking skin. The best natural sources are blueberries, broccoli, kiwifruits, oranges, strawberries, sweet potatoes, blackcurrants, guava, papaya, and strawberries.
- Avoid crash diets. Rapid weight loss (and gain) can have negative side effects and deprive your body of essential minerals and vitamins.
- Stay hydrated to keep your skin supple. Make sure you drink 6-8 glasses of water and avoid drinking too much caffeine.
- Healthy fats are a natural moisturiser. Include healthy fats in your diet by eating avocado, oily fish (salmon, herring, mackerel, sardines), nuts and seeds (especially linseed, chia seeds, walnuts). Brazil nuts, almonds and avocado are a great source of selenium and Vitamin E for added skin vitality.
- Avoid high Glycemic Index foods like biscuits and sugary drinks. This will help you manage your weight and preserve collagen levels for younger looking skin.
- Zinc keeps your skin soft, smooth and supple. Zinc-rich foods are seeds, shellfish, fish, whole grains, lean red meat, poultry and nuts.
Adjust your lifestyle for glowing wedding skin
Getting plenty of rest is another important skin care tip for brides, especially when you are so busy organising your wedding.
If you are prone to break-outs or cold sores, avoid triggers such as too much sun, staying up late and feeling stressed. Keep up a good routine of mild exercise and don’t forget to wash your face with a gentle cleanser before bed.
Also, if you are going to try new beauty products, make sure you do so with the advice of a specialist. This expert should understand your skin type and recommend quality creams.
Dermedica is one of Perth’s leading cosmetic clinics, providing the highest level of professional service to help you look and feel beautiful at your wedding. Dr Joanna Teh and the team can share skin care tips for brides and create a personal plan in the leadup to the day.
Why not book some pre-wedding treatments for yourself, your mother (plus mother in law) and your bridesmaids? Make a day of it so you can all feel extra special on this memorable occasion.