For the past couple of years, we’ve seen number of cosmetic treatments come and go. Most of them were effective, during their time, but have been replaced with a more efficient method. Others were just too controversial and medically unsafe, which left a lot of customers suffering the long-term negative effects.
Although there have been a lot of cosmetic treatments that have walked out the door of various clinics, there are also a lot of them that have stayed throughout the years. Some of these cosmetic treatments are considered to be the most efficient, which is why they’re so popular. With that being said, here are some of the most tried and tested cosmetic skin treatments out there!
With the advances we’ve had in technology, we are now capable of using various energy to resurface the skin.
The following are the various skin resurfacing treatment
- Laser skin resurfacing using CO2, erbium laser, Fraxel
- Radio frequency skin resurfacing
- Plasma pen skin resurfacing
- Thernal heat frsctional resurfacing
All the above technologies are used to treat scars, uneven skin tone, wrinkles, and age spots.
Which of the above is the best skin resurfacing treatment depends:
- on the severity of your skin
- the level of resurfacing you want to achieve
- the degree of down time you can tolerate
- the area you want to resurface.
The pulsating beams of light, heat or laser carefully removes the skin’s outer layer, while heating up the deeper skin layers to trigger the production of collagen.
Anti wrinkle Injections
Anti wrinkle injections are certainly of the most common, and often heard, skin treatment out there. It is a purified protein that doctors inject a small amount using an extremely thin needle into the facial muscles. In an experienced doctor hands, when injected with just enough to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and lines to ensure you don’t look frozen.
Now, the number of injections vary depending on the severity of the wrinkles or lines. Doctors only target specific muscles, ensuring that the surrounding skin is left unaffected. This wrinkle relaxer injections are usually very short sessions, usually only last 15 minutes, and there is no recovery time or anesthesia.
Dermal Fillers are used to plump up a person’s lips or cheeks, but they can also be used to soften wrinkles, creases, and folds. The fillers are injected into the skin, and one of the best things about it is that results are mostly immediate.
There are various types of fillers:
- Gel like fillers- this is the most popular filler. Due to TGA restriction we are not allowed to mention this common Filler’s name. This active ingredient is found in our skin and commonly used in topical skincare. Within the gel filler there are 5 different types to treat various problems.
- lip filler
- Soft filler for fine lines like smile lines or accordion lines
- Firm filler for cheeks, chin, marionette lines, nose
- Eye filler for dark circle under eyes and eye bags
- Skin hydrators for collagen stimulation and skin booster
- Collagen stimulator volumiser: are for structure and facial contouring. There are 3 types of collagen bio stimulating treatment R, S and E. Due to TGA restriction we cannot mention the name of these prescription volumiser. All these volumiser are firmer then the gel lime filler. Often they last 1-2 years. Some of the volumiser can give you an instant lift while other volumiser have to wait 1-2 months to fully appreciate the lifting effect.
These are some of the most popular skin treatments requested in Perth and world wide over the years. Of course, before you even get any type of skin treatment, it’s best to consult with your doctor first, to determine if you are the right candidate for the treatment.