Thank you for coming to Dermedica for your BTL Exilis System treatment.
Please read below for your aftercare advice.
- You may experience transient erythema (redness) that will last from a few minutes to an hour or possibly longer.
- Your skin may feel warm immediately after the treatment, but this will dissipate quickly (face treatment) or may last for a few hours as deep tissue retains heat longer (body treatment).
- Increased sensitivity to heat (very hot shower) may last for 24 – 48 hours after the treatment
- You may have some tenderness in the area for a few hours or a day after.
- Treatment around the eyes may yield some swelling and you are encouraged to sleep on two pillows for 24 to 48 hours after the treatment.
- If the treatment area is on your body (not face), stay well hydrated for 4 days after the treatment for better results. Additionally, we encourage light physical activity after treatment to help with lymphatic flow.
- It is highly recommended to keep treated skin protected by proper SPF lotion and to avoid excessive heat exposure (sauna, laser or pulse light treatment, etc.)
Dr. Joanna Teh